The international Symposium on Diagnostics for Electrical Machines, Power Electronics & Drives (SDEMPED), now in its 9th edition, is the only recognized conference entirely devoted to diagnostics, where the community of specialists discusses the progress achieved and the future of diagnostic technologies.
The conference is sponsored by the IEEE Societies:
Co-founded by Professor Capolino and Professor Buja, started in Carry-le Rouet (France) in 1997 and continued in Gijon, Grado, Atlanta, Vienna, Cracow, Cargese, Bologna, SDEMPED is now established as a regular biannual event, which attracts regularly friends and colleagues from both industry and academia.
The worldâ€™s industry, research, and academia are strongly encouraged to participate and submit papers to the SDEMPED 2013 Symposium, and take the opportunity to visit Valencia, the third largest city in Spain, located on the east coast of the country. Its very rich history as well as its fascinating architecture, which combines ancient and modern buildings, makes it a main destination for travelers around the whole world.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Electrical machines: Failure detection and location in electrical machines
- Power electronics: Diagnostics in power converters
- Adjustable speed drives: Monitoring and diagnostics for ASDs.
- Tools for diagnostics: Neural networks, fuzzy logic, artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms, expert systems, identification, signal processing techniques, observers.
- Materials for electrical machines: Insulating and magnetic materials.
- Tests for predictive maintenance.
Find more detailed information in the Call for papers
The organizers look forward to welcoming you to Valencia, Spain, in August 2013.
Jose A. Antonino-Daviu
IEEE SDEMPED 2013 General Co-Chairs